Thursday 5 September 2019

The Parts of a Volcano



WALT: Think critically when looking at information in different texts.

Saturn and Mars (Groups) learnt about volcanoes this week.  We learnt about how volcanoes are formed and how tectonic plates work. 
There are 4 types of volcanoes:
Strato Volcano 

Composite Volcano
Lava Dome
Shield Volcano

I made an infographic about the parts of a volcano.  An infographic is a way to present information through, words, numbers, images, diagrams, flow charts, and symbols.  Here I have an image of a volcano and I have labelled some of the parts and explained what they are.

What I enjoyed:
I enjoyed learning new information about volcanoes and being able to know about the different parts and types of a volcano.


What I found difficult:
I found some information hard because I sometimes I didn't understand what some things meant and it confused me a little.  Although, it all worked out in the end.

What I could do next time:
Next time, I could add the other parts of a volcano I didn't add in to give a bit more information.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ysabel,

    Well done, you have created an amazing infographic. You have worked hard to create the images and adding the labels and information really helps the reader understand 'how volcanoes work'. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.